Skip to main content
St. Paul Park police reports for Oct. 27: Drugs, theft, drunkenness
All Saints Lutheran Church's Pastor Helker arrested on suspicion of possessing child pornography
Minnesota roundup: Searchers looking for missing canoeist on Leech Lake; Woman who didn't trust banks loses $224,000 life savings in home theft
Cottage Grove and St. Paul Park change firefighter retirement programs
Cottage Grove police reports for Oct. 27: Assault, drunken driving, alcohol offense
crime and courts
Girls Soccer: Raptors offense can’t connect in state loss to Andover
Volleyball: Eagles cruise past St. Paul Harding
Volleyball: Park sweeps Highland Park to start section tournament
MN state parks to be free on day after Thanksgiving
NORTHLAND OUTDOORS: Meet a central Minnesota family whose made its living off wild rice for four generations
Crowd gathers to support Oktoberfest for Friends in Need Food Shelf
Bailey Nurseries chairman wins conservation award
Banking on Oktoberfest: Oct. 16 fundraiser in Cottage Grove helps Friends in Need Food Shelf's bottom line
Films in Five Festival gets "bigger and better"
Fans flock to Films in Five Festival in Cottage Grove
arts and entertainment
Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems, Inc vs Kritzky
REZONE CHAPTER 1300
WASHINGTON COUNTY TITLE SERVICES
Clayton E. Tibbs, 73
Alice T. Talcott, 89
Roberta Swan, 66
Connie Courtade, 75
Nadine Strong, 85
Forum Communications Co. editorial endorsement: This time for president, none of the above
Letter to the editor: Lewis not part of establishment
Letter to the editor: Schoen gets work done, gets results
Letter to the editor: Vote on the future of Newport
Letter to the editor: Vote Peterson, Schoen and Jurgens
Real Estate Showcase
April 3, 2009
Cause determined in Tuesday morning house fire
Components of a light fixture in a basement utility room caused a Tuesday morning house fire in which a firefighter was injured, Minnesota State Fire Marshal Bruce McLaughlin said. The fire occurred at the home of Jim and Jan Baker, located at 8656 Ironwood Ave. in Cottage Grove. ...
April 3, 2009 - 11:03am
March 2, 2009
County flips the switch on new digital radio system
With the flip of a switch this week, public safety radio communication has gone digital across Washington County. On Monday, March 2 the county sheriff's office officially debuted the new $15 million 800-megahertz radio system it has been planning for more than a decade. The new...
March 2, 2009 - 8:22am
December 17, 2008
Letter: After fire, much support
Last week there was a house fire in Newport that destroyed the house and left numerous people instantly homeless. Two of the people affected by this tragedy were Newport Elementary students. As a result, Newport Elementary has been a focal point for support for the family. What we...
December 17, 2008 - 10:00am
October 22, 2008
Ham Lake fire indictment does little to appease victims
Even if the Gunflint Trail community knows who started the Ham Lake wildfire on that windy morning in May 2007, it's not going to turn ashes...
October 22, 2008 - 12:00am
August 12, 2008
Monday night car break-in starts fire
Three teenagers admitted to breaking into nine vehicles and starting one on fire in and around the 8700 block of Ironwood Avenue in Cottage Grove Monday night, according to police. The teens, all 16-year-olds entering their junior year at Park High School, said they tried to steal...
August 12, 2008 - 5:07pm
July 11, 2008
Explosive noise from Cogentrix fire traveled far
Raw natural gas ignited Thursday night in a steam generator at Cogentrix energy plant in Cottage Grove, causing residents as far away as Woodbury to hear and feel the loud "boom." The noise came at about 10 p.m., police said. No one was injured in the incident, which occurred in...
July 11, 2008 - 11:41am
June 16, 2008
Fire destroys a Farmington family's home
A Farmington family lost its home after a fire broke out in the garage early Sunday morning. Darcy and Pam Zehnder and their daughter were awakened to the sound of fire alarms at about 2:30 a.m., Pam said. The family got out of the house, and they were able to get one of their two...
June 16, 2008 - 12:00am
June 12, 2008
Lightning strike sets fire to Farmington home
A Farmington man got a rude awakening Wednesday morning after lighting struck and set his house on fire. Terry Nutter had worked a night shift and was asleep around 10 a.m. in his home on the 500 block of Lower Heritage Way. A loud clap of thunder woke him briefly, but he fell back...
June 12, 2008 - 12:00am
May 9, 2008
Bathroom fire forces flight to make emergency landing at Fargo airport; FBI investigating
FARGO, N.D. -- The FBI is investigating the cause of a bathroom fire that forced a Compass Airlines jet to make an emergency landing Wednesday at Fargo's Hector International Airport. None of the 69 passengers aboard the 76-seat jet was injured when it landed at 10:44 p.m. without...
May 9, 2008 - 12:00am
March 11, 2008
Xcel Energy closes Bayport plant
An explosion and fire caused Xcel Energy officials to shut down production at the Allen S. King plant in Bayport Monday morning. Xcel Energy spokesman Patti Nystuen said no one was injured in the incident that started in the crusher building on the plant's property. There were 18...
March 11, 2008 - 12:00am
January 21, 2008
SPP police put out mattress fire
St. Paul Park police worked to extinguish a mattress fire early Friday, Jan. 18, at 1136 Fifth St., after a resident dropped a cigarette lighter in bed. Police arrived at 4:33 a.m. and the fire was under control by 5 a.m., according to the report.
January 21, 2008 - 9:43am