Fire at hotel leads to guest evacuation April 19
COTTAGE GROVE — Burning laundry prompted an evacuation of the Country Inn and Suites in the early morning hours of April 19.
One of the housekeeping dryers started on fire around 2:30 a.m., setting off the sprinklers and prompting the Cottage Grove Fire Department to respond.
The sprinklers put out most of the flames, but firefighters did spray water to fully extinguish it.
Fire Chief Rick Redenius said the fire was contained to the room it began in, but the amount of smoke made them decide to evacuate all workers and guests.
There were no injuries.
St. Paul Park and Woodbury assisted.