Weather Forecast


Blown outlet and circuit breaker caused small fast food fire

A blown outlet and circuit breaker -- possibly caused by water -- sparked a small fire at a Taco Bell restaurant Tuesday, Cottage Grove fire officials say.

Cottage Grove police and fire personnel responded to a reported electrical fire at the fast food restaurant, located at 8623 East Point Douglas Road, around 2:20 p.m. Tuesday.

Smoke at the restaurant prompted the call, according to Cottage Grove police.

Cottage Grove Fire Chief Bob Byerly said the incident was minor. No injuries were reported.