Weather Forecast


Support groups

Gamblers Anonymous starts Feb. 5

Gamblers Anonymous will meet at 7:30 p.m. every Tuesday beginning Feb. 5, at Rose of Sharon Lutheran Church, Jamaica Avenue and 70th Street. If you go, use the west-side entrance. Attendance is free, but donations of any amount are accepted. For details, call (651) 459-7625.

To learn about GA, go to the Web site at For help with the addiction, call the National Hotline at (888) 424-3577.

Vision loss, resources for diabetics

Ed Lecher, representing the Minnesota State Services for the Blind, will discuss "Vision Loss and Resources" at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 5, at Regina Medical Center's Senior Living River Room, 1175 Nininger Road, Hastings.

Diabetic patients and their family members are encouraged to participate. The diabetic support group meets the first Tuesday of every month. For details, call coordinator Sheryl Aschebrenner at (651) 480-4100.

CPR classes at fire hall

Classes in cardio-pulmonary resuscitation are scheduled throughout the year at Cottage Grove Fire Station No. 2, 8641 80th St., Cottage Grove.

The classes, certified through the American Heart Association, meet on Wednesdays, from 6 to 10 p.m. To register, call Kevin Zittel, at (651) 458-2870. First aid courses can be scheduled on request.

Healthcare Provider -- Feb. 13, April 16, June 18, Aug. 13 and Dec. 17

Heartsaver CPR -- March 12, May 14, July 16, Sept. 17, Oct. 15 and Nov. 12.

Debtors Anonymous meets at St. Luke's

Debtors Anonymous, a program of the Hastings Solvency Groups, offers a 12-step recovery plan for people who have personal financial problems. Sessions meet at 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays, at St. Luke's Episcopal Church, 615 Vermillion St., Hastings. If you go, enter through the parking lot in back.

Assistance Council for Veterans

The Minnesota Assistance Council for Veterans (MACV) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping Minnesota veterans by providing services directly or in collaboration with other service agencies.

If you are a veteran in need of assistance, first call your County Veteran Service Officer. You can find the veteran service office in your county by going to the Minnesota Veteran Web site: For Washington County, call Jon Larson, at call (651) 430-6895;

To see if MACV can provide assistance for you, visit the Web site at or call Kathleen Vitalis, executive director, at (651) 222-0613.