CITY OF ST PAUL PARK ORDINANCE 686CITY OF ST. PAUL PARK
CITY OF ST. PAUL PARK
COUNTY OF WASHINGTON
STATE OF MINNESOTA
ORDINANCE NO. 686
AN ORDINANCE AMENDING SECTIONS 70-46, 70-87 , 70-154 AND 42-1 OF THE CODE OF ORDINANCES, CITY OF ST PAUL PARK, MINNESOTA, RELATING TO RATES AND CHARGES FOR WATER, SEWER, AND STORMWATER SERVICES
The City Council of the City of St. Paul Park, Washington County, Minnesota does hereby ordain as follows:
1. Section 70-46 of the Code of Ordinances, City of St. Paul Park, Minnesota is amended so as to hereafter read as follows:
"Section 70-46. Rates and Charges for Water Service.
(a) Rates and charges for water service supplied by the City shall be as follows:
(1) The first 9,000 gallons per quarter $25.74
(2) All gallons in excess of 9,000 per quarter, per 1,000 gallons $2.34
(3) All gallons in excess of 25,000 per quarter, per 1,000 gallons $2.60
(4) Minimum charge per quarter $25.74
(5) In addition to the rates and charges set forth in paragraphs (a)(1), (2), (3) and (4), each premises shall pay a basic water service fee of $4.16 per quarter.
(b) All bills computed by application of the rates and charges set forth in subsection (a) of this section for water and water service supplied by the city for any residence in which the head of the household is 65 years of age or older and which residence uses less than 9,000 gallons per quarter, shall be reduced by 50 percent.
(c) A resident qualifying for the rate set forth in subsection (b) of this section must file annually, between October 1 and November 1, an affidavit with the city council stating that the owner and head of such household is 65 years of age or older. This discounted rate does not apply to rental property or multiple family dwellings."
2. Section 70-87 of the Code of Ordinances, City of St. Paul Park, Minnesota is amended so as to hereafter read as follows:
"Section 70-87. Rates and Charges for Sewer Service.
(a) The following rates and charges for sewer services furnished by the City shall be as follows:
(1) Single Family Dwellings: A minimum charge of $41.60 per quarter plus $3.64 per 1,000 gallons of water used in excess of 9,000 gallons during the winter quarter, computed and corrected annually.
(2) Multiple Family Dwellings and Apartment Buildings: A minimum charge of $41.60 per quarter for every dwelling unit in said building, plus $3.64 per 1,000 gallons of water used in excess of the total gallons computed by multiplying 9,000 times the total number of dwelling units in said building. The excess charge over the minimum shall be computed on the water used in such building during the winter quarter, computed and corrected annually.
(3) Commercial and Industrial Units: A minimum charge of $41.60 plus $3.64 per 1,000 gallons of water used in excess of 9,000 gallons computed quarterly.
(4) In addition to the rates and charges set forth in paragraphs (a)(1), (2), and (3) above, each single-family dwelling, multiple-family dwelling, apartment building and commercial or industrial unit shall pay a basic sewer service fee of $4.16 per quarter.
Rates, charges, and rentals, except for the basic sewer service fees, shall be based on the water consumed on the premises served by the sanitary sewer.
(b) The city administrator or designee shall prepare quarterly statements of the amount due under the terms of this article from each customer, and shall mail or deliver one copy thereof to the respective customer. The amount shown on such statement shall be payable to the city and shall be due 15 days after the billing date. Where the premises are connected to the city water system, the charges shall be a surcharge on and collected with the regular quarterly water bills. If any statement is not paid within 15 days after the due date thereof, a ten percent penalty charge shall be added to such statements and shall be payable together with the amount of such statement.
(c) In case of nonpayment of the sewer surcharge within 30 days following the due date thereof, the city may discontinue water service to the premises and the meters serving such premises may be disconnected without further notice. A meter reconnection charge as set forth in Chapter 42 shall be collected in advance before the meter serving such premises is reconnected."
3. Section 70-154 of the Code of Ordinances, City of St. Paul Park, Minnesota is amended so as to hereafter read as follows:
"Sec. 70-154. Calculation of Fee.
(a) Land Use Classifications. Storm water drainage fees shall be determined by multiplying the REF for a parcel's land use by the parcel's acreage and then multiplying the resulting product by the storm water utility rate. The REF values for the various land uses are as follows:
Classification Typical Land Uses REF Fee Amount
1 Detached Single Family 1.0 $8.50 per lot unit per quarter Home
2 Manufactured Home Sites 1.0 $8.50 per lot unit per quarter
3 Multi Family Home Sites 2.0 $16.75 per lot unit per quarter
4 Parks, Cemeteries, 0.25 $2.50 per lot unit per quarter Railroads, and Golf Courses
5 Churches, Schools and 2.0 $16.75 per lot unit per quarter Government Buildings
6 Commercial and Industrial 3.0 $25.00 per lot unit per quarter
7 Unimproved-vacant As assigned
For the purposes of calculating storm water drainage, all developed single-family shall be considered to have an acreage of one-third (1/3) acre per unit. Duplexes or twin homes are considered two lot units. Existing homes on large lots with the potential for additional homesites will be assessed a fee for each additional, potential site with a minimum area of one-third (1/3) of an acre.
When computing lot units, the area of the parcel will be rounded down to the nearest one-third (1/3) of an acre.
(b) Other Land Uses. Other land uses not listed in the foregoing table shall be classified by the City Council by assigning them to the classes most nearly like the listed uses from the standpoint of impervious coverage and run-off produced.
(c) Storm Water Utility Rate. The storm water utility rate shall be determined by the City Council on an annual basis in the same manner as for other utilities, and shall be charged to all parcels not listed as exempt in Subdivision 4.
(d) Exemptions. The following land uses are exempt from storm water utility fees:
(1) Public Rights of Way
(2) Public Parks or designated open space
(3) Public Buildings"
4. Chapter 42, Section 42-1 paragraph (b) subparagraph (16) and (17), has been amended as follows:
"16. Water and sewer main trunk fee $3,120 per res. eq. unit
17. Local sewer and water availability charges
5. This Ordinance shall be in full force and effect from and after its passage and publication according to law; and the rates and charges set forth herein shall be applied in all billings rendered by the City of St. Paul Park, after September 30, 2012.
ADOPTED by the City Council of the City of St. Paul Park, Washington County, Minnesota, this 4th day of September, 2012.