Strawberry Fest holds logo design contest, winner is grand marshalThe Cottage Grove Strawberry Festival 2009 Committee announces a public logo contest for the official logo of the Strawberry Fest 2009 event.
The Cottage Grove Strawberry Festival 2009 Committee announces a public logo contest for the official logo of the Strawberry Fest 2009 event, which will be held in Cottage Grove the week of June 15. The entrant chosen as winner of the logo contest will be invited to act as the grand marshal for the 2009 Strawberry Fest Parade.
The logo design should reflect the entrant’s chosen theme for Strawberry Fest 2009. The strawberry should feature prominently in the theme. Special consideration will be given for originality. All entries must be submitted by Feb. 21 to the Strawberry Fest 2009 Committee. You may submit entries electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org, or via mail to “Strawberry Fest 2009” at P.O. Box 512, Cottage Grove, MN 55016.
The Strawberry Fest 2009 Committee and Board will judge submitted logos and theme ideas, and the announcement of the winner will be published on the city’s Web site at www.cottage-grove.org by March 1. The winner will also be announced via press release to the Bulletin newspaper.
Following are the contest rules:
- The contest is open to all residents of, students and business owners in Cottage Grove
- The logo should reflect the chosen theme of the entrant for Strawberry Fest 2009 (ex: Community Round Up 2007)
- The logo should look equally good in black and white or color.
- The logo should be suitable for various printing purposes, including posters, letterheads, T-shirts, buttons, etc.
- All entries must include the entrant’s name, phone number, address and e-mail address if applicable.
- Deadline for submissions is Feb. 21
- The entries will be judged by the Strawberry Fest 2009 Committee and Board. The winner will be contacted by phone and/or e-mail.
- Full rights to the submitted logos will be held by the Strawberry Fest 2009 Board.